A rising wave of infections among Singapore’s massive migrant worker population threatens to derail the city-state’s success in fighting the coronavirus.
About 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to the dormitories where low paid migrant workers from South Asia are housed.
Singapore has now sealed off multiple dormitories, as the government carries out extensive testing and tries to move healthy workers out, but questions are being raised about why more wasn’t done to protect them.
People living in the dorms said they were scared about getting ill, and about what the future holds for them.
We agreed to protect the identity of the workers who spoke to the BBC.
Edited by Christine Hah
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Những bí mật đằng sau hành trình tạo nên Mv “ Không Thể Cùng Nhau Suốt Kiếp “
- Tổng hợp thông tin Redmi Note 9 Pro, Pro Max
- Facebook Shop Tutorial 2020 | Facebook Shop Setup | How to Set up A Facebook Shop Page?| Simplilearn
- Bí thư Tỉnh uỷ Thái Nguyên Trần Quốc Tỏ làm Thứ trưởng Bộ Công An | Tin tức 24h mới nhất hôm nay
- Cựu tuyển thủ Phan Quý Hoàng Lâm qua đời ở tuổi 36 | Tin tức 24h